Peekers

Labels

Candid Meeee (21) Links (2) News/Info (3) Pics Gallery (6) Poem (12) The Matrix (1) Videos (17)

September 20, 2009

Happiness

I never thought I will be alone one day, my friends, my girl & my job will be there with me always. But today sitting on the bench on the road to the beach, I felt I am alone to the extent I can feel. I just sat there looking at the swarm of bikes, cars, people, all going towards the beach to enjoy the evening. They seemed happy. Are they? In true sense of happiness I can’t advocate that. But when will I know when I am happy. I can’t understand the sense of happiness. Is it viable?



I pondered on these philosophical aspects of my life. Had a fear too, do I need to know the answers to these questions. Will finding the answers to these questions really make me happy. I guess some unanswered questions help us to live life. We wait for the answers and thus live along with it – the questions.

            Guys, Its evening prayer time now, will write after I pray…

I just wondered when I was happy today. Was it when I got to sleep till 10:30 in morning or was it when I ate the fried Pomfrets cooked by Dad or was it when I stimulated an act of love to my girl in the afternoon or was it when I fagged after that or was it when I spoke with Jasmine after a long time or is it now when I am writing this. These moments did make me smile, my heart was thinking and my brain sidelined.

            Friends just got a message from my girl now just wanted to share, that’s weird     “Hmmm…. I think that” I messaged back a “?”

Anyways, sitting there on the bench I tried to call all my friends so that I could share my time and rug out these uncanny feelings. They were making me restless. I tried Srujal – he was out of town, he also shared that Sivish is out of town too. I called Vikas he was visiting one of his family friends and will meet in another half an hour. I called my girl and disconnected, I dint want to talk to her about it otherwise she will be all concerned. I called an old office colleague, she dint pick up. I called Siby, he answered.

            My girl now replied “I have fallen in love again, today, just now…” Stumped I      shot back “How come?” Now this has started to bug me...  I can’t concentrate,          she is up to something.

Coming back to the call with Siby, we as usual started off on a light note. Both of us realized that it was Brian’s wedding yesterday and we dint wish him. We called him and had a conference call. Taking pot shots on him and ultimately making him realize that he is no more a bachelor we hung up. Poor thing could not even react as he has to play the decent groom role in front of his in laws. Siby and I continued our discussion. The topic was marriage. We both as it seems are unaware of a constant desire that is developing in our mind. “I got to get married” As Siby said “We have high hopes regarding our marriage & married life, It will be as if one fine day the church bells will ring for us in a special tone and the angels come down on earth and bestow their blessings in the form of a super sweet, understanding and a beautiful girl.”  Now when we know that’s not going to happen in the order it is said; still we have high hopes I guess. The main attribute that we discussed about is that marriage changes a person. We quoted many live examples in real life. The priorities change and we tend to be more practical (a guy thing). After marriage guys turn to be unsentimental towards their friends (guys again). They don’t care whether the guy whose underwear he used share in an eternity of his life is even wearing one today. Well we can argue that it’s none of his business but the line is just a personification of the great eternity of time. The chat with Siby was refreshing and I enjoyed every bit of it.

            Oh! There is a message in my inbox, God it should be her (my girl). The message   runs like this…“Just now, I closed my eyes and fell in love with you all over again”. See my girl, how I can not love her more even more than this. Hey SHE      when you read this please try to understand why I am not reacting back. I m          writing naa…


Thereafter, I sat there on the bench, exactly an hour after we spoke, Vikas called that he is coming. He brought some cigarettes which we enjoyed sitting on the bench talking about ourselves and about everything we laid our eyes on. It was getting dark and we left for our home.

End of the day I was happy. I am I guess…

1 comment:

Unknown said...

U know sho at times its good to be alone..at times..
It helps u realise ur inner feelings and value your true inner self..
I cant judge that how many would truely agree to this, but somewhere within even u would agree and i truely claim that my sho is also one of the best friend's one can ever have...a true friend in all aspects of friendship..
Always there 4u no matter wat..
Always holds u and helps u get up wen u stumble..
Always there ever....
Remember happiness is never found on hunting...its just u swing with the time and moments with all ur heart and suddenly u realise that yes it is happiness that i was looking for always....SLS

Blog Archive